By Donna D. Ignatavicius MS RN ANEF, Chris Winkelman RN PhD CCRN ACNP
The easy-to-use Clinical spouse for Ignatavicius and Workman’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8th Edition, is an A-Z advisor to greater than 250 universal medical-surgical stipulations and their administration. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address variety, this source is a handy software that you should hold with you on scientific days. Now equipped in a streamlined collaborative care structure, whole with new QSEN highlights and a reorganized ideas in Medical-Surgical Nursing part, it is going to quick develop into your most sensible bedside reference.
- A-Z synopses of greater than 250 ailments and disorders , in addition to comparable collaborative care, function either a short reference for scientific days and a learn source for diseases/disorders and similar collaborative care.
- Consistent collaborative care format mirrors the insurance supplied within the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook to extra successfully organize scholars for medical days.
- UNIQUE! Nursing protection Priorities toughen severe safeguard measures on the bedside and mirror these within the Ignatavicius & Workman textual content: Drug Alert, severe Rescue, and motion Alert.
- Special Considerations highlights name scholars' recognition to big points of nursing care, resembling Genetic/Genomic concerns, issues for Older Adults, Gender future health issues, and Cultural concerns.
- A Concepts of Medical-Surgical Nursing part (Part One) features a NEW! proposal on fluid and electrolyte stability, displays the emphasis on suggestions from Giddens’ Concepts of Nursing perform, and provides students with an knowing of crucial thoughts wanted for powerful nursing perform.
- A-Z revealed thumb tabs look alongside the perimeters of the pages to facilitate easy access to medical details for just-in-time studying and reference on the bedside.
- 8 quick-reference appendices offer need-to-know, quick-reference insurance of universal and a few much less standard medical topics.
- NEW! up-to-date content material matches the eighth variation of the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook for a reliably seamless reference and learn adventure.
- NEW! Streamlined collaborative care structure helps you concentration extra successfully on nursing care priorities.
- NEW! QSEN highlights every one concentrate on a number of of the six center QSEN expertise (Patient-Centered Care, Teamwork & Collaboration, Evidence-Based perform, caliber development, security, and Informatics) that can assist you know the way to use QSEN advantage for secure sufferer care.
Read Online or Download Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8e PDF
Best nursing books
Le sufferer « bon et docile » n’existe plus. Désormais, le sujet contemporain entend devenir agent de sa santé et refuse de se laisser enfermer dans une easy relation soignant-soigné, vécue sur un mode passif, jusque dans l. a. demande de disposer de son corps. Il s’informe, revendique des droits et entend le faire savoir.
There's a distinction in drug handbooks. From the prime identify in nursing, Mosby's 2014 Nursing Drug Reference makes it effortless to discover the most recent and most crucial info at the medicinal drugs you administer most often. greater than 5,000 medicinal drugs are profiled - together with 70 new entries on present medicinal drugs and medicine lately authorized through the FDA.
Concentrating on need-to-know details, this totally revised full-color version equips nurses with the abilities they are going to have to live on and thrive in modern day altering wellbeing and fitness care global. utilizing a straight-forward process, geared up round the nursing approach, the second one version of Delmar's primary & complicated Nursing talents, 2E presents an outstanding source for any nurse from the sanatorium to the house.
- Building a World-class NHS
- Aging parents : the family survival guide
- Pocket Nursing Skills: What You Need to Know Now
- Advanced renal care
Extra resources for Clinical Companion for Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8e
Typically, I will use the Conference Center to share ideas and information that is not in the text or available in online readings. Students want and need the benefit of your experience and special knowledge. They cannot be expected to use the class discussion area if you are not active in the class in that area. I tend to teach by telling stories from my own nursing experience. In my course evaluations, students have said they really appreciate those stories because they learn so much from hearing about real situations that I have lived through.
For many students, that travel is accompanied by the need for temporary lodging, meals, and perhaps parking expenses, in addition to the tuition and travel expenses. For the kind of courses the author of this chapter teaches, those travel and lodging expenses, added to tuition expense, are impossible for approximately 90% to 98% of the students. However, this format can be extremely valuable for certain types of courses. It is especially useful for nursing courses with an assessment or skills learning component that can be taught in an intensive format.
Classroom courses can be updated weekly. For all course modalities, however, students’ questions and concerns must be addressed regularly and in a timely fashion, and papers must be graded as they come in. Where a Web course can become overwhelming is in the class discussion area. An on-campus course class discussion is very limited. It must fit into the classroom hours. This is not so with a Web-based course and this fact can create a real problem for the instructor. In one of my Web courses with 26 students, I had more than 1,276 student entries on the discussion board in the first 3 months of the class.