By Judi Neal (auth.)
Creating Enlightened firms presents a entire, customizable application for integrating spirituality and paintings on the person, crew, organizational and societal levels.
Read or Download Creating Enlightened Organizations: Four Gateways to Spirit at Work PDF
Best business ethics books
By no means has moral enterprise behavior obtained as a lot realization and concentration because it does at the moment, within the wake of the far-reaching monetary and societal results of the dramatic collapses that experience thundered via company the USA. even if your organization is inner most, publicly-held, works with the govt - both contractually or via direct law - the institution, conversation and enforcement of a accomplished set of moral ideas for company behavior inside of your company is vital for undertaking enterprise now, and into the long run.
This publication specializes in a brand new and rising, but as previous as recorded background, organizational hindrance: advantage. advantage has lately turn into a subject matter of significant exam between organizational researchers and innovative businesses who're exploring their function in developing new, extra holistic, fit, and humane paintings environments.
The human rights matters have lengthy performed a tremendous function within the suggestions of, and the jobs performed via, companies all over the world. This publication makes a speciality of those matters from either theoretical and sensible views. The authors study the character of and the boundaries of human rights obligations of commercial.
This booklet honours the contribution Professor Pascale Quester has made to academia and better schooling, via her study, educating, and management. It offers readers with a finished, modern point of view on advertising perform with an emphasis at the function of promoting in creating a distinction.
- The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Management (Blackwell Encyclopedia of Management)
- Redirecting Human Rights: Facing the Challenge of Corporate Legal Humanity (Global Ethics)
- Perspectives on Volunteering: Voices from the South
- The SAGE Handbook of Organizational Behavior, Volume One: Micro Approaches
Extra info for Creating Enlightened Organizations: Four Gateways to Spirit at Work
People are now evolving away from either-or thinking and integrating their spiritual lives and everyday lives, especially in the workplace. The concept of calling is central to spirituality in the workplace. It is based on the belief that each of us has a mission in life and a purpose forr being here in this. It may be that we have a unique gift to share, or special talents or gifts that make a difference in a positive way. Myers (2013) in herr review of management literature on callings states that “management scholars generally agree that a calling entails engaging in work that is intrinsicallyy rewarding because it is aligned with one’s passion, core interests, abilities and perceived destiny.
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. Multi-faith employee networks Corporate chaplaincy Quiet rooms Corporate ritual Corporate transformation Leadership development Training/Spiritual practice Retreats Values/Mission Formal positions (ex: VP of Spiritual Care) Prayer Seminars, workshops, gatherings (Adapted from Aburdene 2005: 85–87) If Patricia Aburdene is right and that spirituality in the workplace is the nextt major megatrend, that is very good news. With the Great Recession thatt began in 2009, many workplaces have become places of fear and insecurity, and things are even worse for those who don’t have jobs.
Why or why not? 6. Michael Rennie and Gita Bellin of McKinsey and Company were able to demonstrate very positive business results from a personal transformational program that was very spiritual in nature. Do you think this will always be the case for this kind of program? Why or why not? What critical factors need to be in place for this kind of program to have positive effects? 3 C om i ng D ow n f rom t h e Mou n ta i n a n d i n t o M a m mon Introduction The first two chapters of this book provided definitions of key terms and information about the trends that led to an interest in spirituality in the workplace.