By Fu-Chan Wei MD FACS, Samir Mardini MD
With insurance of approximately twice the variety of flaps because the prior edition, Flaps and Reconstructive surgical procedure, 2nd variation provides trainees and training surgeons alike with the precise, specialist wisdom required to make sure optimum results. It contains chapters and specialist commentaries from greater than 100 authors and world-renowned leaders in the sphere, whereas brand-new cases and high-quality illustrations taken with flap harvest, markings, and reconstruction continue you abreast of state-of-the-art newest advancements.
- Includes high quality illustrations of neighborhood anatomy
- Detailed case studies illustrate find out how to optimize each point of deal with the reconstructive surgical procedure sufferer, together with the postoperative period and long-term follow-up.
, flap anatomy, and step by step flap dissections, in addition to transparent photos demonstrating winning reconstructions.
- Expert seek advice publication model incorporated with buy.
- Expanded video library of narrated surgical procedures covers many of the flaps utilized in reconstructive surgical procedure.
- Brand-new part on reconstruction takes an algorithmic method of the reconstruction of defects round the body.
- Features chapters overlaying the full spectrum of reconstructive surgery, together with head and neck reconstruction, chest wall reconstruction, belly wall, higher and reduce extremity, and facial reanimation.
- Content makes a speciality of either local and free flaps.
- New part on reconstructive transplant surgery highlights significant issues similar to face and hand transplantations, belly wall transplantation, uterus transplantation, and nerve allotransplantation.
This more suitable booklet event allows you to look all the textual content, figures, pictures, movies, and references from the e-book on quite a few units.
Read Online or Download Flaps and Reconstructive Surgery PDF
Best dermatology books
In its sixteenth variation, this extensively acclaimed ebook has advanced and elevated into the ‘Drug Eruptions and Reactions handbook’ (D. E. R. M. ) – an authoritative consultant to adversarial drug reactions and response styles. With better adverse-events directory and a brand new class method for response styles, Litt’s D.
Changes within the volume of subcutaneous fats result in major alterations in visual appeal, even if from extra (as visible in physically weight problems) or in lack of fats (as noticeable in facial lipodystrophy linked to the getting older process). This publication accommodates the present wisdom of the body structure of fats with the various remedy modalities on hand this present day; it is going to be a huge evaluation and reference resource for any practitioner facing the beauty remedy of adipose tissue and cellulite.
Psychodermatology covers all features of the way the brain and physique engage in terms of the onset and development of assorted pores and skin problems. This e-book is the 1st textual content written via a multidisciplinary group of psychiatrists, psychologists, baby experts and dermatologists for the entire healthiness execs who deal with sufferers with dermis difficulties.
Earlier, builders and researchers attracted to the layout, operation, and function of Bluetooth networks have lacked assistance approximately capability solutions and the relative benefits and downsides of functionality ideas. functionality Modeling and research of Bluetooth Networks: Polling, Scheduling, and site visitors regulate summarizes the examine at the functionality of Bluetooth networks, together with either piconets and scatternets, carried out due to the fact that 2001.
- ABC of Dermatology
- Melanocytic Lesions: A Case Based Approach
- Compendium of Surface Microscopic and Dermoscopic Features
- Pathology of Malignant Melanoma
Extra info for Flaps and Reconstructive Surgery
Clin Plast Surg 2005; 32: 401–409. 29 Part B Reconstruction principles and recipient vessel anatomy, selection, and exposure Chapter 4 Head and neck Peter C. Neligan and Christine B. Novak Introduction Head and neck reconstruction presents unique challenges to the reconstructive surgeon. Because of the visibility of this region, defects are often difficult to conceal and the demands on the surgeon’s reconstructive skills are greater than they are elsewhere in the body where cosmesis may be less vital and function less specialized.
Whereas previously, strictly defined donor sites corresponding to known, relatively large source vessels to specific angiosomes had to be used for cutaneous flaps, now any part of the body can be chosen as a free-style local20 or free flap21,22 on the basis of its special characteristics as long as identifiable and adequate cutaneous skin vessels can be located. This specific donor site can now also be selected on the basis of the potential donor site deformity. 6). The non-cosmetic, skin-grafted donor site is a major detriment of all cutaneous flaps.
In some cases, the pedicle may be too short to allow the flap to reach the defect. However, dividing the facial artery distal to the submental branch and dissecting it proximally can significantly increase the pedicle length. This generally yields at least 2 cm of increased pedicle length. 1). Its position in the neck, arising as the first branch of the external carotid artery, makes it useful for this purpose. Although sometimes this artery is small, it generally has excellent flow and there is usually a vein in close proximity to facilitate both arterial and venous anastomoses.